ACCORDION DUSTER: AQUA EYELASH MOSAIC - JACKET #10 worn by Jean
- 100% silk dupioni
- bias pleated jacket with hand-stitched appliques
- resist dyed bias silk binding around front edges and neckline
- pleats are edge stitched (face/inside) and permanent
- slightly oversized silhouette drapes like a soft sculpture
- folds easily for traveling
The AQUA EYELASH MOSAIC #10 is a diaphanous, voluminous jacket with an overlapping front and long bias-cut ties. The diagonal direction of the bias pleats creates a dramatic asymmetric flair. As the body moves, the duster appears to float in space.
The square mosaic patches are hand-appliqued with minute stitches. The brightly colored patches are placed an abstract manner and appear to dance across the surface of the aqua silk. The soft burnt edges of the bias pleats distort the squares suggesting a random, yet rhythmic kaleidoscope of pattern and form.
Jean (model) is 5'3"
Emma (model) is 5'11"