ACCORDION DUSTER: RUBY'S GARDEN #30
- 100% silk dupioni
- bias pleated jacket with hand-stitched appliques
- resist dyed bias silk binding around front edges and neckline
- pleats are edge stitched (face/inside) and permanent
- slightly oversized silhouette drapes like a soft sculpture
- folds easily for traveling
The RUBY'S GARDEN is a softly diaphanous coat with a kissing front (no overlay). The diagonal direction of the bias pleats creates a dramatic and asymmetric flair as the slightly A-line duster appears to float on the body as it moves.
The motifs for RUBY'S GARDEN references a Quin dynasty court apron skirt from the 19th century from the archives of the Helen Louise Allen Textile Gallery at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, School of Human Ecology. The scale and colors of the original embroidery were translated into hand-stitched silk appliques that wrap the duster's silhouette. The soft burnt edges of the bias pleats distort the pattern, suggesting a romantic, bohemian mode.
ACCORDION BONBON (14") and LARIAT are sold separately.
Jean (model) is 5'3"