ACCORDION DUSTER: Royal Purple Moon and Dots #21
- 100% silk dupioni
- bias pleated jacket with hand-stitched appliques
- resist dyed bias silk binding around neckline
- pleats are edge stitched (face/inside) and permanent
- slightly oversized silhouette drapes like a soft sculpture
- folds easily for traveling
The ROYAL PURPLE MOON AND DOTS DUSTER #25 is a diaphanous, voluminous jacket with a kissing front (no overlap). The diagonal direction of the bias pleats create a dramatic asymmetric flair as the jacket appears to float on the body.
Subtle shades of deep purple dots play a negative-positive game on the front panels of the jacket, contrasting with the royal blue half-moon on the back. The soft burnt edges of the bias pleats distort the circular applique shapes in a subtle, lyrical manner.
Earrings and necklaces by Beth Farber fine Jewelry. Contact Mary for details.
Emma (model) is 5'11" Royal Blu
Jean (model) is 5'3" Royal Purple Jacket